Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Brave New Dairy World

It's a brave new world that has such dairy in it! Maeve is just up to her eyeballs in new foods, and so far she loves almost all of them!

I picked out the cheapest organic kids' tube-style yogurt I could find, which turned out to be Chobani kind, and I started with dragonfruit flavor, figuring pink was a good bet, and she loves it! She likes the string cheese I got her, and of course she loves the obvious slam-dunk foods like ice cream and chocolate pudding. Also a hit are the yogurt-covered pretzels, since pretzels are one of Maeve's favorite food groups.

Last night, Maeve made history in our house, she cleaned her plate completely for the first time. She ate all of her cheeseburger and her mandarin oranges and her chips, which I realize doesn't sound like a big accomplishment, but getting her to sit all through dinner is so hard, so she almost doesn't ever finish anything. And I was personally in veggie heaven at the same time because I finally mastered roasting asparagus in the oven and every bite I ate was sending me into ecstasies.

So, my friends, life is good. Life is very good. Take time today to be grateful for all the wonderful foods you and your kids can eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment