Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Normally I'm Pretty Productive

Hello, and greetings from the Underworld. I have returned, full of harrowing tales and with an air of malaise. As Hamlet's Dad, the Ghost said, I could "Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,/ 
Thy knotted and combined locks to part, /And each particular hair to stand on end /Like quills upon the fretful porcupine." (Hamlet, Act I, Scene v) No, really.

But anyway. Something I noticed about being really knock-down drag-out sick is how much I really get done around here when I'm healthy. I mean, I'm not one of those women who's always cleaning something, it's just not my way, but I do have a tendency to bustle things along throughout my day and get them done.

For example: I do laundry and dishes, and I put things away after they're clean. This post is not to rag on my husband who was staying home keeping the kiddo alive while I lay on death's doorstep, by the by, as he was both working from home and occasionally feeling pretty ill himself. I just noticed what doesn't happen when I stop doing it. Also meals do not get cooked. Husband pretty much fed himself hot dogs the whole time I was out of it, which is fine, but I started to worry about him a little. 

So all day yesterday, when I felt really, absolutely fine for the first time in five days, I had a lot to do. Three loads of laundry and two dishwashers full of plates and cups later, things were starting to look almost normal around here again. 

Of course, Maeve had the stomach bug yesterday, poor thing, but she walked down the stairs this morning, all smiles, and told me she was all better, so hopefully she really is. So long, land of the dead, we are all non-zombies today, and I am hoping for something approaching normalcy - or at least as close as it gets around here.

Feeling punky yesterday :(


 

No comments:

Post a Comment