Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

It is Spring, People.

May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long.

So, I know it's Saint Patrick's Day, but I am not particularly Irish, though I'm a big fan of the culture. That being said, I don't have much to blog about being Irish. Maeve's name is Irish, though not spelled the Gaelic way because that would be Méadhbh and we didn't think that was kind to make her spell and pronounce her whole life.

What I am blogging about today is SPRING because SPRING has come to our house. On Friday, despite it being one of the very worst days I've had in a long time, my crocuses and a bunch of my daffodils bloomed, and so therefore I proclaim it to be SPRING here at our house.

Plus it's been warm enough to play outside, and you parents know what that means. It means the end of the winter blues, no more long days of tv and board games and pretending to be a kitty's owner. It means I can send the child out to the porch to play while I do the dishes! It means she can run around outdoors, as God intended, and not try and run laps in the house and inevitably hurt herself or something I own.

It means the PARK, for heaven's sake, the glorious park, where hours can be whiled away in happy activity. We are headed to a park today, for a picnic and kite-flying. I mean really! This is what life is about, people! So, while others drink their green beer, or tastelessly-named Irish drinks that refer to The Troubles in a way that people who lived through them would never, ever do, I shall be running around outside, soaking up sunshine and wind, enjoying spring weather that does make me wish for a little more green, the way Ireland would look this time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment