Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

It's Still My Birthday

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ― Dr. SeussHappy Birthday to You!

When Maeve woke this morning, she informed me, It's still my birthday. After a brief foray into reasoning with her, I quickly gave up and said, Sure. Because I hadn't had my coffee yet.

However, Maeve's parties were yesterday, and after all the planning, it's good to be done with those. The kids all seemed to have a good time, only one incident of injury occurred, and it was after the main party was over. The kids all seemed to enjoy the silly dress-up and tea party elements, and the pizza and cupcakes were universally accepted and devoured.

I only wish I'd been able to get more pictures, because with Daddy doing all the dog-wrangling, I didn't have any help taking pictures, so I got a few, but nothing too spectacular. Maybe some of you other parents did? Send me your pics, wouldja?

And believe it or not, Patches did absolutely fabulously at the party full of kids. He had a few solo trips outside with Daddy just to get a break, but he didn't get hyper or crazy, didn't try to steal cupcakes or presents, and was gentle with all the kiddos.

I even got Maeve to admit that she loved her party and had a great time. So, ten points for me, and I don't have to do all that again for another year! I love birthday parties, but I'm so glad I only have one kid to do them for!

The mustaches were theoretically for the boys, but hers looked good, albeit a little crooked!

Cupcakes!

Kai the charmer

Table full of kids having a tea party!



No comments:

Post a Comment