Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Maybe an Extrovert Like Me

"When I first read the words 'introvert' and 'extrovert' when I was 10, I thought I was both." -Annie Dillard

It's hard to tell just yet, but despite being an only child and being accustomed to being alone, I think Maeve may be an extrovert like me.

I say this because most days she asks me, Who are we going to see today?

And that's a valid question, because I'd say three or four days out of the working week, we do see friends of hers, and of mine. Partially because playdates give her a chance to grow and learn socially, not to mention get out of my hair, but also because I like to hang with other moms and dads. So maybe she gets the extrovert from me literally, as I hand it to her in the form of yet another playdate.

I also want her to succeed at preschool and kindergarten and RE classes at church, so to prepare for these things, we play and play again. We play with new kids at the park, we play with familiar friends at our house, we just keep meeting and playing whenever we can.

So maybe she's just anticipating the next friend... or maybe she's looking forward to it. I think she is.

Playing in the new water feature at the museum with K

No comments:

Post a Comment