Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Is It Spring Yet?

“A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” ― Carl Reiner

I know you are all feeling me on this one. This late winter-explosion that's happened in the last month has really cramped my Colorado style. 300 days of sunshine a year, we're supposed to get, and we got so few in February that it just doesn't seem like my state anymore! And I know my friends out east are laughing at our 22 inches of snowfall in February, but it set a record, you know.

And my poor kiddo is so tired of being cooped up! She keeps begging me to go to the park, but when it's twelve degrees outside, I can't say yes to that, and the playground is covered in snow anyway. We have done so many inside activities that I am starting to run out of ideas. Playdoh, painting, forts, hide and seek, books, dvds, video games, baking, playdates, museums, libraries, painting rocks, and lots of imagination.

When I flipped the calendar to March yesterday, I saw that the first day of spring is due to arrive on the 20th of this month, and I almost laughed. Spring does not feel twenty days away, it feels like years from now! But maybe, just maybe, we'll start to see a little green this month. And that would go a long way towards cheering us all up.


No comments:

Post a Comment