Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Looking Back

This is April, my little girl's birthday month. In just 29 days, she'll be 5 years old, a big kid, and elementary-schooler. She already wears a size 12 or 13 shoe, a 6 or 7 in clothes, and on the scale this week, she came in at 45 pounds. She'll get the big official measurement on the wall on her birthday, but I can tell she's inching closer to 4 feet tall.


About 5 years ago, Maeve was still here, getting my second-hand baby shower cupcakes. Cupcakes and no stupid games were my only 2 baby shower quid-pro-quos, and Becky and Ange did a great job ensuring both of those were in order.

Look at that face. I wasn't exactly a momma yet, but I was carrying around that promise with me. But I look so young and rested, ha ha.

Truth be told, I loved almost everything about being pregnant. I slept like a log every night, I had my own internal heating unit, I loved the cute clothes and the happy kicks. My "morning sickness" took a good month of eating out of my life, and labour was the opposite of fun, but other than those, pregnancy suited me fine. I kind of liked the crazy dreams, and I loved carrying Maeve under my heart.

And no, I'm not doing it again. This baby factory is closed after just one run. I'm 100% fine with that. It's just fun to remember what it was all like. 5 short years ago, I really couldn't know how much my life would change... and how much I would love it this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment