Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

My Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day was so fantastic for me yesterday. I spent the morning with my church's youth choir and our small ensemble, and really loved the sermon my pastor gave about parenting as a spiritual practice.

When I came home, my kitchen was full of surprises!



Yes, friends, that is an ADDITIONAL mug rack, so that now all my mugs can be displayed at once!!! I asked if this meant I could get more mugs now, but probably not until a few of these break or are retired.

And those are my nice, shiny, BLACK burner guards which will not show the mess as much. Dirty burner guards make me crazy but I can never get them clean, even with industrial cleaning products and week-long soaks.

I also got Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please, which ALL MY FRIENDS should go out and read. It is pure fabulousness. True, funny, real, and awesome. I am already halfway through it, so ask to borrow it next week and it's yours!

Daddy also framed one of my fave works of Maeve art, one of her first finger paintings.


Ah.

Additionally, I cooked zero meals yesterday, did zero laundry, cleaned zero things. Daddy made his famous fried fish and chips for dinner, and I enjoyed some great improv from Youtube after bedtime. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment