Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Scritch

"It sounds like someone who has been buried alive and is scratching the top of a coffin. 'Stop doing that,' I say, 'it's wearing on my nerves,' and he just looks at me placidly and goes scritch scritch scritch." - Anne Lamott, from Operating Instructions

Maeve is so into textures right now, and Anne totally has it right about the scritching.  Her favorite surfaces to scritch are the couch, my hand/arm, DH's face, the tray on her exersaucer and high chair, and her Boppy pillow.  She likes to scritch my wrist when she falling asleep, I think it's a reassuring thing to her for some reason.  But we hear a lot of scritching in our house right now.  The key is not to let it get to you.  After all, it's a darn sight less stressful than screaming.

My blog is short today because I want to thank you, friends, for getting me to over 3,000 hits! That's about 1,000 hits per month so far, and it means a lot to me.  I know some days aren't as deep as others, but I'm doing my best to keep an honest record of what my mom-life is like, and some days it's all I can do to post something, anything at all.  Anyway, you guys are the best, thanks for coming here day after day to read my thoughts and give me such kind words.  I feel less alone since I started this blog, and that's no small thing to a stay-at-home momma.

Yummmm Momma's wrist is da-licious!

5 comments:

  1. thanks for writing! it's enjoyable to read, and I look forward to be able to still see a tiny piece of your life when I'm far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, Sammy's been doing the same thing and it drives me absolutely batty in the morning when I'm half asleep and I hear this scratching noise coming from the co-sleeper. And congrats on the 3,000 milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait in 30 years 'scritching' will be such a fond memory...like a little girl who once took 20 minutes to chew a piece of steak:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3,000 hits is WONDERFUL! Congrats! I know how you feel, I find blogging as a great outlet. And you are a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Retha. And Mom, I still don't like steak!

    ReplyDelete