Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stinker

"I often wish you weren't such a stinker" - His Girl Friday, 1940

I know this is just the beginning.  Toddlerhood is just around the corner, and sweet babyhood is starting to fade.  It's important that Maeve learns her independence, her own will, her own power.

But oh gosh.  This last weekend, it began.  She shrieks when I don't get a bite into her mouth fast enough, or if I take something away.  She's developed a pouty cry.  And my friends whose babies are closer to ten months have reported back about tantrums, food strikes, and refusal to do the simplest things they used to do before.

Last night she was up every hour but midnight.  The only reason this is not a weepy, miserable blog today is that my husband stayed home from work so I could refrain from sleep-deprivation-induced insanity.  She of course is a ball of energy today - apparently forty-five minutes of sleep every hour is enough for her.

She's a stinker, all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment