Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bliss

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love." -- Mildred B. Vermont

I sit on the floor, she plays in her toy basket.  She picks up a toy, then turns to me, stands up, a grin spreads across her face like somebody buttered it there, and she launches herself toward me in a burst of unfettered baby energy.  I catch her gleefully, smooch her face with abandon while she tries to wiggle away.  I dutifully make chewing noises at her toy, or give it a kiss, too.  Then she wanders back to the toy basket.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.

This is my life.  I have never been happier.

5 comments:

  1. What a happy routine! Nothing is better than baby grins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! I am so glad you can stay home with her instead of working full time. These days that's a rarity! Shout out to Shaun, too. I know it takes a lot of hard work and budgeting to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you warmed this mama's little heart today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the visual of your blissful moment. It's inspired me to write one for today with our youngest, 16 months. It continues how their centered moments in play change from month to month. Right now I'm wowed by those moments in our six year old.

    ReplyDelete