Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

The New Slide

"The only rule I got is if you slide, get up. " -Bill Lee

After several months of stalking Craigslist like a panther ready to strike, I finally found the right play equipment, at the right price, at a small distance from us, that would fit in my car.  That's right, I finally found a slide.

I imagine it retailed at around $250 at least, it's very large, and has a house and a slide component, but I found it for $50, and in the same city as me.  The couple selling it immediately got back in touch with me once I inquired, and held it for me till I came.  They had it for their granddaughter, who had outgrown it, and she was excited to pass it along to a kid the right age.

After a good hosing off to get rid of some spiders and dust, Daddy and I assembled it in our courtyard, without too much ado.  I love how sturdy it is!  And although Maeve woke up in a funk, (she was in a perpetual molar-cutting funk this weekend) she warmed up to it pretty fast! She loves that the playhouse has a door that opens and shuts, in fact, she's spend most of her time doing just that, so far.  She only got up the nerve to go down the slide three times, but she sent Foofa and Elmo down quite a bit.

We have a new place to play this summer! And our courtyard tends to stay shady and cool, and is protected from the wind, so it should be a great spot in most of our summer weather.  I am looking forward to spending many hours with my girl out there.

It opens and closes.

Elmo, giver of courage.  And Mommy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment