Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Funny Girl

"I was cesarean born. You can't really tell, although whenever I leave a house, I go out through a window"
~Steven Wright

Sometimes I forget that the kid is new on this block, I realized last night she had never heard "10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed".  Well, as you can imagine, it was an instant hit, and I think she might be under the impression I made it up myself.  I do pull off a funny voice for the Doctor: No more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!  And every time I did the doctor voice, she fell over laughing onto the bed. 

Anyway, in between giggles and jumping, she took a pause, looked at me, and said, Momma?  You a funny girl.  I don't get real compliments like that from her all that often, so I got down next to her and gave her a big hug and said thank you, and you're a pretty funny girl, too.

Between that, and I got a spontaneous I love you from her last night, I was flying pretty high when I left the house to go shopping with a friend. After all, the kid puts up with me all day, every day.  If she really thinks I'm funny, I must be doing something right.

My funny girl in the "tickle grass"

No comments:

Post a Comment