Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Do a Teamwork

Maeve is a big fan of the Wonderpets, and if you're familiar at all, you'll know that their biggest show theme is teamwork.  As in: What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!  So we do a lot of teamwork at our house, and singing the teamwork song can be a good motivator for Maeve to help Mommy pick up crayons off the floor or put toys away.

The other night, Daddy and I were folding a tablecloth together, and Maeve came over to see what we were up to, in case it was fun, somehow.  She took one look at us and said Mommy and Daddy are doin' a teamwork!

It was well-spotted, but really, Daddy and I do a teamwork all the time.  We take turns chasing Maeve around so the other one can take a shower, do the dishes, organize the garage, clean, or just generally get something done.

Which is why for the next 6 days, the house will not be very clean, and more than likely, neither will I; Daddy will be on a trip to Orlando for work.  I am very grateful for a ton-a-bunch of my friends who have stepped up to come visit me or let us come visit them, to help pass the time and give me some grownup conversation.  The grandparents will also come give me a break so I can get a whole hour or two to myself for some shopping and thinking.  But I can't say our household will be in any kind of good shape until Daddy gets back a week from today, and we can get back to our teamwork.  Because, frankly, that's what works.


No comments:

Post a Comment