Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Big Girl Bed

Forgive me for not writing about the explosions at the Boston Marathon, this morning I don't have much to say about it.  I am horrified and sad, but when you have to be busy raising a kid it helps to keep that kind of sadness at arm's length.  I'll be honest and say I'm not thinking a lot about it right now, it's too hard to cope with.

So today I'm just writing to report that Maeve is in her big girl bed and she loves it.  She has lined it with all her favorite stuffies and found a good spot for her books and her water bottle, and she loves the quilt we got for her.  I'm grateful for that because before, all she would sleep with was a crocheted baby blanket that was crib-sized and not all that warm. 

She likes to tuck in Daddy or me, and sing us lullabies.  I asked her to read me a bedtime story, and she sat there for ten minutes, reading silently to herself.  I'll have you know I said nothing, and enjoyed the ten minutes lying in a bed!  She has thanked Daddy several times for making it (it's an IKEA bed) which is very sweet. 

I am amazed by how big my baby girl is getting, not just physically, but how she's really turning into a kid.  I'm really trying not to call her a baby anymore because she doesn't really like that.  But other mothers know what I mean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment