Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home Sick Daddy

Poor Daddy caught Maeve's cold, and he's been home with us for the beginning of the week.  He's back to work today, hopefully feeling more like his old self, but that cold was a real one-two punch.  Anyway, Maeve has been in hog heaven all week, having Daddy here.  She's going to be pretty bummed when I tell her he's at work this morning - there might even be a tantrum in it for me.

We tried to give Daddy time to rest, but some of us just stick to him like glue, given the opportunity:

This happened during some much-needed rest time yesterday, while Maeve was watching Ni Hao, Kai Lan!  I just had to take a quick picture because it was so cute. 

I love their relationship, it really fascinates me, because it only has the tiniest bit in common with my relationship with Maeve.  Daddy is like a mix between a celebrity, a superhero, and a parent, whereas my relationship with Maeve is mostly parent, with a little best friend thrown in.  But Maeve is convinced that Daddy can fix anything, and is always anxious for his audience.  I don't mind that at all, most of the time, and I know it's totally natural for her relationship to be different with each of us. 

Daddy's going on a trip again, starting Friday afternoon, so I'm doubly grateful to have had him around for some extra time this week, and next week while he's gone, my parents will be here, which is the obvious highlight of my year, so forgive me if the blog is sporadic next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment