Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

And Now It's Monday

"Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown; Rainy days and Mondays always get me down" - The Carpenters

I mean, what a week, what a weekend!  It was so wonderful to have Daddy home for a whole week, plus two weekends, it was just as close as a mom can get to having a vacation without leaving home.  Comic Con was super duper crazy fun, and yesterday, my aunt's wedding was amazingly awesome. 

But today, oh today, you are going to be rough, that's for sure.  I did not sleep so well last night, and this first day back on my own is going to be long, I think.  Maeve and I will head out to the WOW Children's Museum in Lafayette because she just got a membership there for her birthday, and I know where their bathrooms are, ha-ha.  I know it'll be a fun thing to distract her from the fact that Daddy isn't here.

She's going to miss him a lot today, though.  All last week whenever she was playing with him, she would shoo me out of the room - perhaps a bit rudely - so I could tell she was relishing all this extra time with Daddy, the Celebrity.  And mostly I tried to let her, I know it's special to have his time and attention for so long, and I didn't want to kibbutz on that.

I know we will, of course, be fine today.  I'll have a second cup of coffee, and Maeve will love the children's museum, so all will be well.  But I do hate to start out a day this tired.

Daddy and I at Comic Con

My dear Aunt and I at her wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment