Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Cards, A Gift

Please pardon this early morning rant on the subject of Christmas cards.  I promise I don't judge you if you don't send them.  I just get a little worked up about it sometimes.

I know a lot of people can't be bothered to do Christmas cards.  It seems like a lot of work just to say Merry Christmas to someone you will probably say it to in person, or on Facebook, right?

But to me, the Christmas card is a way to give the gift of time, communication, and a special photo to people I care about, even if they live far away or I don't get to see them very often.  I don't really do the newsy Christmas letter since my family life is pretty well documented on Facebook and here, but for the relatives who aren't quite as tech savvy, I try to update them on our goings-on.  But most of all, I send the cards to say, I care about you, I remember you, you are a part of what makes the turning of the year a special time for me, and I'm grateful for you.

It's not because I feel I have to, that I owe it to everyone since I've been writing the cards for so long.  It's just a gift.  At Christmas.

And for all of you whom I don't know in person, or who for whatever reason aren't getting a card from me this year, here's what's inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment