Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Down With the Plague

"Every outbreak across the globe today stems from a descendant of the medieval plague." -Hendrik Poinar 

My parents visited my aunt last month, who had the plague.  They then caught the plague, and brought it to my house.  Not that I blame them, my parents could stay at my house at Christmas if they had the actual Black Plague, but it came, just the same.  Now Husband, Maeve and I all have different versions of the same plague.  Mine is mostly nose-centered, with a sore throat and poor sleep, Husband's is more of a cough with bad sleep, and so is Maeve's.

So we are all tired, and pretty pathetic. We are the Tiny Tim family, only not as cheery since we're short on sleep.  And my parents are getting better now, on the week-long anniversary of their plague, so I guess we've got another four days or so before things start getting better.  I just hope we fully heal before Daddy leaves on his week-long trip on the 11th, because it would be way worse to be all pathetically plaguey and not have him around.  Misery loves company, but it hates being left alone.

Anyway, it's 2014 and we're hanging in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment