Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Introducing my Kindle Book!

There have been a lot of new faces around here, lately. I mean, first Baby Dori the Beta, then Patches, and now, a special new arrival...

My e-book of poetry.

It kind of feels like a baby; it's new, I love it, and I want to show it to everyone.

I compiled all my best parenting-themed poetry from the last four years, from Mamalode, from Get Born, and from here, and ordered them chronologically. And then, the part that was like actual labor: formatting. UGH. Do not get me started on formatting. Suffice it to say you only get one poem per page if you put in a page break after every poem.

So it wasn't too easy to make, but Kindle Direct Publishing makes the process fairly easy, after the formatting ends. There's a nice cover creator program, and all the legal terms are clearly spelled out.

Anyway, I'm posting about it here because I want you to go check it out, if you haven't already. Really, at $2.99 it makes a great little Mother's Day gift, or just something to keep if you feel like poetry can help you get through your parenting day. And thanks for looking, for caring, for listening. I wouldn't have written most of that poetry if it weren't for you guys.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JURERY4



No comments:

Post a Comment