Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Morning Sickie Blues

Oh heavens. Maeve is up an hour early today, with a stuffy nose and diarrhea. Mom is laying down the law today: we lay low. Also, it's snowing, so may the chilling commence.

It's always hard to get Maeve to take it easy, because of course she still has lots of kiddo-energy, even when she's sick. I mean, movies and television help, but I imagine we'll be playing board games, building with blocks, maybe doing some art... and I'll still have to sit on her at some point to get her to take a nap.

And she will most definitely need a nap today, since she lost a good hour of sleep this morning. And maybe I will need a nap, too, since we stayed up a little late catching up on Sherlock last night. Man. Every time I stay up even a little late, as a parent, I always pay for it later, I swear. You'd think I'd learn my lesson and I don't do it very often. But every now and then, something tempts me.

So, excuse me while I go grab another cup of coffee. Happy Monday.





No comments:

Post a Comment