Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Like a Girl" is Awesome

Go ahead. Tell my daughter she does something 'like a girl'. And watch me hit you in the face... like a woman.

I love every young girl in this video who, when asked to do something 'like a girl' does it as awesomely as she can. I know that's what Maeve would do. She has no idea whatsoever that some people think her gender makes her bad at some activities.

After all, among Maeve's ambitions are garbage truck driver, professional baseball player, astronaut, and zookeeper, and some of those are still beyond reach for her gender, although I won't be the one to tell her that, especially since it may change in her lifetime.

So do me a favor and don't make fun of someone by saying they do something like a girl, especially not in front of my girl. It's not just rude, it's a plain lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment