Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of School Today!!!!

You better believe it! First day of school! First day of school!

Maeve was super annoyed at orientation that I stuck around, she wanted me to drop her off already. So I can tell this girl is ready for school. I predict no tears this morning - at least from her. But in theory, if she doesn't cry, maybe I won't? I make no promises about that, but I definitely won't let her see me cry.

She already did her first homework, we worked on a book about our family. I asked her to draw a picture of our family and this is what she did:

For a kid who doesn't usually indulge in representational art, this is pretty good, I think. I mean, my hair is kind of crazy and I look a little sad, but that's not too far off, really. And I really can't wait to see the things she'll bring home from school for me. More treasures! First day of school!

You know what I'm gonna do after I drop her off? A big run with the dog, a shower, and maybe some reading. I'm keeping it simple today. But getting to do those three things alone is a formerly-rare treat, so I will indulge!

I am not going to be Marlin, today, I tell you what. Just a big hug, a "see you later, alligator" and a smile, and I will be out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment