Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

I Love Back to School!

"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."  ~Edgar W. Howe

I never thought I'd get to experience the excitement, the rush of Back to School. I figured once I graduated college, I wouldn't get to go shopping for college rule paper, number two pencils, perfect, shiny binders, or any of that stuff ever again.

I forgot that I now get to enjoy thirteen years of my daughter's education. Eeep! Back to school, you guys! We get to go meet her teachers and see her classroom today! I get to haul the giant bag of school supplies in there, plus a handful of paperwork and an epi pen, and see where she'll be learning for the next nine months!

I'm also excited to see if there's a way to sign up for parental involvement, I know we're expected to volunteer in the classroom some. I am going to be one of those parents you just can't keep away! Hee hee.

I know that on Wednesday I might end up being tearful when I drop my baby girl off, but today I am all excitement and thrill!

I have every hope Maeve will love school as much as Lisa and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment