Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Little Pony Play Time

"And I had an idea, and that’s why I went -- gasp-- I should throw a great big, ginormous, super-duper spectacular welcome party and invite everyone in Ponyville! See? And now you have lots and lots of friends!" - Pinkie Pie, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Do you know what I did for several hours yesterday? I played Ponies. Sometimes our Peter Pan and Hook figurines were involved, but mostly the ponies. I usually have to be Rainbow Dash and Applejack, the ones Maeve has deemed ungirly enough to be 'boy' ponies (despite the fact that they are all girls) and Maeve is Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. We don't have Twilight Sparkle or Rarity yet...

The ponies spend most of their time throwing impromptu birthday parties for one of their members, although they did spend some time yesterday trying to teach Hook how to give hugs and share. It's an uphill battle.

I enjoy the show enough that it's not difficult or arduous to be playing ponies with Maeve, it's pretty fun. And it brings me back, because of course I used to play My Little Ponies, usually by myself, during my brother's naps or time outs. It was a nice, quiet time then. Of course, Maeve's Pinkie Pie voice is nothing like quiet, but it's still fun.

I have nothing deep to say about this except I love being part of her imaginary games. I don't take that for granted.





No comments:

Post a Comment