Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Your Life is Already Best

Yesterday, one of my favorite bloggers posed this question: What if Your Life is Already The Best Thing?
And I think it might be. Because here I was, with Maeve and her grandpa and Patches, watching her play in the leaves, in my old Elway jersey.

I mean, I don't think an afternoon could get much better. Somehow, for the last few days, my heart keeps telling me that this life is so sweet, and it seems like all I can see is the sunny side. Not that this week hasn't been hard, because it has. But there's so much sunshine seeping in through the cracks.

She was laughing because, as it turns out, Patches loves to dig in leaf piles. So we were all hysterical watching him dig.
But this day, this late afternoon sunshine, these full bellies and happy hearts... my life is already the best thing. I have nothing to prove to anyone, no career goals to fulfill, as Garrison Keillor says, Thank you, dear God, for this good life, and forgive us if we do not love it enough.

Happy Autumn, friends. Happy Monday. Happy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment