Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Soft Place to Rest

The best feeling in the world is when you child just comes up to you and lays their head in your lap, for no other reason but just because. -Marlee Matlin
It's not always easy to make peace with my body. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but I am always making an effort.

Two days ago I had no trouble at all, when my little love lay her head to rest on my very comfy stomach. Some days I don't regret my shape at all.


I love the softness of this photo, it makes me feel more gentle to myself and to my little girl. And that is an immeasurable gift in a culture that usually informs me that I'm a failure and a slob for being the size I am.

But now when I'm having a rough day, I will look at this picture again and remember how it felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment