Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Starting Over, Again

Well, friends, it's New Years' Eve. Tonight, nothing changes, yet many things will be different when we wake in the morning. We will always remember what it felt like to say goodbye to 2014, what starting fresh in a new year can do.

I am not usually a big New Year resolution maker, but last year I resolved to treat my face as if it were beautiful, and wear makeup nearly every day. I'm not sure how it worked, but somehow treating myself as a beautiful person really helped bring together my look and gave me more confidence.

A very good friend of mine who has known me for fifteen years told me she thought I looked really put together this year, which is definitely not something anyone has ever said to me before.

This year I really tried to wear only clothes that I felt suited me, and that I actually liked. As a result, I got rid of a lot of clothes and had to slowly add to my collection again. I also got a haircut which really suited me, and figured out how to keep it up without going to an expensive salon.

Of course, I will have to continue putting effort in to looking the way I want to look, but I'm proud to have taken control of this area of my life. I may not be able to lose weight, despite committing to walking or jogging every day, but darn it all I can look good and feel good about myself.

Next year's resolution isn't for public consumption, but I'm hoping it has as positive a result as this year's did! And Happy New Year to all of you, may you find something in your life you want to start anew!


No comments:

Post a Comment