Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Learning Prime Time

It appears to me that five is going to be prime time for teaching the child how to do things. I mean, we've been teaching her every day of her life, but there is a whole new set of skills just waiting to be learned right now, particularly physical ones.

I'm thinking this year she'll try learning how to snap her fingers, whistle, ride her bike without training wheels, roller skating, jumping rope, and lots more. That new helmet is going to come in handy.

Already in the last few months she's tackled folding paper airplanes, passing a basketball, throwing a frisbee, winking, clapping to a rhythm, practicing with scissors, very simple origami, making mud pies, and turning on the hose. (Yes, those last two are related...)

I don't know if I've ever looked forward to a year of her life more than I have this one (except when I was pregnant). Five is going to be so much fun, so many adventures are waiting for us this year. I'm totally ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment