Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Puppy Counting Coup

Today is a dog parenting story.

It used to be that anytime I left the dog alone at the house, he would destroy something, and it was kind of a lottery to find out what it would be.

Now that he is a big, grownup dog, or at least getting there, he doesn't actually destroy things very often. But he does do a sort of dog version of counting coup. Do you know that I'm talking about? The Crow people used to simply touch the enemy in battle, to show they could have killed their enemies, but that they weren't worth the ammunition. 

Well, Patches likes to bring me items he COULD HAVE destroyed while I was gone, and leave them in the mudroom right where we come in from the garage. See, Mom? I didn't eat it. I am SUCH a good boy, right?

Of course, right.

He's so innocent when he's asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment