Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Pueblo Vacation

It's been a whole week since I posted... we went on vacation to Pueblo for a few days, and then disaster struck, and my Dad got very suddenly, very seriously ill. He's now recovering in a local hospital and doing very well, so I finally have enough mental energy to write again.

Maeve was an absolute trouper, going on vacation. We had a lot of visits with my grandfather who's in assisted living now, and other visits with Maeve's great aunt and uncle, as well as some sightseeing and lots of time in the hotel pool. But she really did so well for the nearly 3 hour drive down and back, and was patient with all the waiting that comes with visiting a nursing home.

She really loved the excitement of staying in a hotel, like trying out new tv shows on cable, picking out food from the breakfast area, and especially the pool.


And probably the best thing we did, at least from my perspective, was enjoying the Pueblo Riverwalk. It was a beautiful day, and we just enjoyed each other, and all the lovely sights along the way.




Maeve's favorite thing we did in Pueblo (besides the swimming pool at the hotel) was definitely the Pueblo Children's Museum. There was so much to do, and she really impressed the staff there, like she does every time she goes to a museum, really.





It was a really incredible trip, and I learned how resilient my daughter can be, and how much fun we can have together when we're in a new place and don't have a schedule. I didn't mean this to be a post so full of pictures, but I think you can see how much she's growing and learning. And she's going to be 5 this week! What? That's still blowing my mind over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment