Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Today She Can

The thing about parenting is, yesterday your kid couldn't do it, and today she can.

It seems like a miracle, but really, she's practicing new skills all the time, right under your nose.

I can't count how many things she's learned without a word of input or instruction from me.

This week? It's the monkeybars.


It's moments like these that make me clutch my chest in excitement and terror. She's getting away from me, you guys. She needs me less every passing day. How long until she doesn't want me to come to the park with her anymore? I can't even think about that right now.

It's my job to be proud of her, to cheer her on, so I do. With my heart full. And most of the time I even manage to do it without crying.



1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful way of looking at the world.

    ReplyDelete