Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

School Supply Shopping

I loved every academic aspect of school. I could have done without the group projects, the forced social interactions, pep assemblies, etc, but give me a project or a report and I was in it up to my nose, every time, ready for another A.

And if we win the lottery this week, I will without a doubt go back to school and pick up a master's and a PhD, because that's my idea of a good time. For real.

With that in mind, I'm excited for Maeve to start school. I have every hope that her inquiring mind will soak up like a sponge all the good stuff that's waiting for her. I fervently hope all the stupid testing that swaths our school system like cheap cotton batting will not dissuade Maeve from loving the learning itself.

And today I am eagerly anticipating taking Maeve school supply shopping. She'll get to pick out her backpack, and I'll get to tidily check items off her list, like a person who's organized and ready for anything. It's a win-win situation.

Ah, school supplies! The gateway to a successful school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment