Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Love and Clinging

I wonder if, when my daughter is busy perfecting the art of making me completely insane, if she's also pondering the art of how to show me how much she loves me.

Because although this has been a challenging week with Maeve's behavior, with various events, and especially, dramatic exits, that I wish I could sponge from the record of the universe, it's also been a week of Maeve showering me with love and even clinginess.

She cried when I had to go to work on Saturday, which is the first time in a VERY long time that has happened! She usually is anxious for me to leave, like, waving me off and hoping I'll go soon so she can have more special time with Daddy or whoever. But she was really, so sad that I was leaving! In fact, I had Daddy let her stay up just a couple of minutes so I could sing to her when I got home, at bed time.

I don't really know why she both shows me more love and more anger right now, but it does help a little on the hard days to know she loves me, too.

Of course, it helps that I'm the one who buys the snowcones.

No comments:

Post a Comment