Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Five Years Today

I was scrolling through my Facebook "On This Day" page, and discovered I started this blog five years ago today.

That means five years ago today was when the brain fog of sleeplessness and taking care of an infant finally lifted enough for me to write coherent sentences.

Although that first blog and many afterwards took me a l-o-n-g time to write, because I typed them one-handed while Maeve slept on my lap. I learned to type quietly, and live with the slowness.

I've been reflecting on motherhood for five years now, and it seems like I've learned more in the last five years than I did in the first thirty years of my life. Motherhood is such a steep learning curve, and you really don't have a choice about what you learn, or how much. Or how hard it is. Or how much sleep you get while you're trying to learn.

I'm proud of all the work I've put into this blog, and for now, I'm going to keep doing it. Whenever I learn something, or observe something fascinating about Maeve, I'll write about it. Thanks for taking this journey with me, my friends. It's felt better, knowing you were out there, nodding your head as you read.


No comments:

Post a Comment