Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Happy 9 Years!

Once upon a time, I fell in love.

I had had these feelings before, but previously in my life, I had studiously avoided saying anything about being in love because it seemed like a bad idea. It probably was. But not saying anything hadn't worked out very well for me, so I decided to take a different tack.

So, curled up with The Husband, at an hour at which I am now always asleep, and after watching one of our favorite movies, After Life, I told him I was in love with him.

I know. I probably should have said I was interested in dating him, or I thought he was cute or something, right? I kind of skipped that step. I was 25 and I was not messing around this time.

But he looked at me with only a hint of surprise in his eyes, and said he felt the same way.

That was ten years ago, now, and I still startle myself in retrospect with how I just came out and said it. Way to go, me. You got what you wanted. And you chose wisely.

It's my ninth wedding anniversary today, and I am still so very glad I spoke my mind all those years ago. Nine years since joining my life to his, and we are still together, still in love, despite what life has thrown at us. This is the good life.


No comments:

Post a Comment